NACP COVID-19 Update
Due to the unfortunate event of COVID-19 the NACP Office will for the time being remained physically closed. Although we are unable to welcome new students, staff and faculty in an in-person setting, we will still engage with the UConn community virtually.
Historically, our people have faced the real and traumatic outcomes of various pandemics since the very start of settler-colonial contact. It is our duty as descendants of our ancestors to uphold their strength and resilience by prioritizing the health and well-being of our community. We hope you can understand and apologize for any inconvenience.
Per University guidelines, we will begin the Fall 2020 semester with all events and program taking place virtually. Although the conditions of this academic semester are not ideal, it is our hope to organize and promote our programming as usual, if not more.
Woliwoni Thank you again for your understanding. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the University of Connecticut response to the coronavirus please follow this link .
Stay safe and healthy and continue to practice all the recommended steps to protect yourself.
UConn COVID-19 Community Resources
General Resources - https://blog.extension.uconn.edu/covid-19-resources/
UConn COVID-19 Information Center - phone: 860-486-COVI or email: email@example.com
Updates from the University - https://uconn.edu/public-notification/coronavirus/
Student Health and Wellness FAQ - https://studenthealth.uconn.edu/updates-events/coronavirus/
IT Guide to Telecommuting - https://kb.uconn.edu/space/IKB/10784508250/IT%20Guide%20to%20Telecommuting
Mental Health Resources
Native Wellness Institute - https://www.nativewellness.com/ Instagram: @nativewellness
One Sky Center - http://www.oneskycenter.org/
Strong Hearts Native Helpline - https://www.strongheartshelpline.org/
Two Spirit LGBTQ+ Health - http://www.npaihb.org/2slgbtq/
Circles of Care - https://www.samhsa.gov/tribal-ttac/circles-care
CDC Mental Health and Coping during COVID - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/managing-stress-anxiety.html
Mental Health and Coping during Coronavirus - https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/mental-health-and-coping/index.html
- How COVID-19 is impacting indigenous peoples in the U.S.
- Why COVID-19 is decimating some Native American communities
- How Indigenous Communities Are Battling Coronavirus Alone | Time
- Pine Ridge Reservation holds strong during COVID-19 pandemic
- On Native American Land, Contact Tracing Is Saving Lives
- White Mountain Apache Tribe dealing with water shortage at height of COVID-19
- Alaska Natives, Pacific Islanders have a disproportionate number of COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations
Donate to Tribal Communities
- First Nations' COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund
- Bluff Area Mutual Aid (Coronavirus Relief) – Canyon Echo
- Navajo & Hopi Families COVID-19 Relief Fund organized by Ethel Branch
- Fundraiser for Pearline Kirk by Navajo Nation : Official Navajo Nation COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Far East Navajo COVID-19 Response Fund organized by Mario Atencio
- Protect Native Elders organized by Crowd Sourced COVID Response
- Utah Tribal COVID-19 Relief – Utah Dept of Heritage and Arts Online Store